Visit Brockswood - Mon 14th June 15:00
Time & Location
About the event
We are pleased to announce that Brockswood is now open again to visitors! Please note that due to social distancing rules, everyone visiting (including pass holders and children under four), will need to pre-book tickets to ensure that we can safely manage numbers. For the time being, due to some temporary changes we have had to make to your visit, all paid tickets are available at our Child Rate.
The health, safety, and welfare of our visitors as well as the Brockswood team members and our animals are our absolute highest priority, and we are taking every precaution to ensure this remains paramount.
- We have created a one-way system around the sanctuary, with areas that cannot be made one-way closed (don’t worry, we are moving most animals around so that you can still see them!), and markers have been used on fences and paths to aid social distancing.
- We will not be allowing feeding or petting the animals until further notice. It is thought that animals may act as a “fomite” for the virus - a fomite is usually an object/material which is likely to carry infection, such as ourselves with clothes and hard surfaces. Therefore, there is a risk that if a person with the virus on their hands was to touch Duke the Donkey for example, and then one of our keepers touch him afterwards, this could transfer to us. We know that you love to get up close to some of our animals, but this is an important measure to protect not only you but also them and our team, as it is not yet fully understood how the virus can interact with animals.
- All visitors will be issued with Health & Safety guidelines that you will be asked to follow during your visit. This is particularly important and key to us being able to remain open, so we are relying on your co-operation at this time.
- Hand washing facilities and sanitiser will be readily available to you.
- Enhanced cleaning regimes will be implemented in high traffic/contact areas to keep you safe.